Through a collaboration with the UGA College of Pharmacy, the UGA SBDC provides high quality, confidential, consulting services to independent pharmacy owners. Many services are expanded through independent pharmacy management rotations with 4th year PharmD. students. This rotation will provide an exciting and motivating “entrepreneurial” educational experience that gives students in-depth exposure to the essential business skills needed to manage a successful pharmacy. Not only will pharmacy students learn how to observe and implement core business principles through their “one-to-one” interactions and observations, participating owners will also gain insight into their pharmacies and identify opportunities for improvement, efficiencies, or growth. The good news is that at no cost to you (except travel expenses), just your time and sincere interest, your pharmacy(s) can participate in these pharmacy management rotations. Additionally, these rotations are confidential; students cannot discuss your pharmacy to anyone unless with written permission.
For more information on pharmacy practice consulting, please contact:
Jeff Sanford, Program Director
1180 E. Broad St., Athens, GA 30602Phone: 706 583-0606 Fax: 706 542-6803
- 18 Oct 11:13 am
Through a collaboration with the UGA College of Pharmacy, the UGA SBDC works with 4th year Pharmacy...
- 28 Aug 11:04 am
Who would have thought that an idea in 1975, promoted by William C. Flewellen, Jr., former Dean...
- 2 Oct 11:27 am
High-deductible insurance plans pose new challenges for medical practices. The end result is that patient collections are...
What to Expect
It is anticipated that pharmacy students will spend 80+ hours working on each pharmacy project. These services would typically be valued at $2,000-$5,000. Here is a short list of the services the rotation can provide:
- Financial Health Check: Students compare pharmacy’s financial data to national and regional comparisons. Data from NCPA, FRA and RMA is used. This service also includes a revenue analysis, inventory turnover analysis, break-even analysis and pharmacy cash-flow analysis.
- Pharmacy Valuation (What is it worth?):
500 Internal Server Error- 澳门赌场-澳门手机赌博
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Cost of Dispensing/Fee Analysis: Evaluates a pharmacy’s cost in dispensing prescriptions or performing services such as vaccinations, MTM, and DME. Specifically, this tool analyzes labor, facility, equipment, expendable, and overhead costs to determine cost of services in comparison with fees charged.
- Strategic Marketing Assessments: Students review the marketing and relationship practices of an independent pharmacy. Assessment evaluates the consistency of pharmacy messages for patient care and branding the pharmacy. Students will also look how marketing systems attract, retain and grow customers/patients.
- Other: Just tell us what other needs you have and we will research and evaluate those needs find resources and solutions for your pharmacy. (ex. In-store clinics, HR manuals, etc)
Jeff SanfordProgram Director
Mr. Sanford teaches Practice Management at the College of Veterinary Medicine and consults with veterinarians nationwide. He teaches specialized business education progra
Matt LastingerMedical Management Specialist
Mr. Lastinger works in the University of Georgia Small Business Development Center’s Medical Practice Management Program leading its medical consulting and education ac